A Salivary Profile for Assessing Key Hormones
The One Day Hormone Check™ is a convenient salivary hormone test that evaluates unbound, bioavailable hormone levels. Specimens collected over 24 hours are examined for levels of estradiol, estrone, estriol, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin. Hormone testing can help clinicians customize and monitor therapies.
Which patients might benefit from salivary hormone testing?
The One Day Hormone Check provides information about the impact that shifting hormone levels can have in men (andropause or male menopause) and women (perimenopause and menopause). Menstruating females can also run this profile, although the Rhythm Plus is Genova’s comprehensive salivary profile that tracks the menstrual cycle over a full month.
Patients with hormone imbalance may present with
- Weight loss or gain
- Breast tenderness
- Menstrual irregularities
- Loss of libido
- Changes in hair and skin
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Cognitive decline
- Decreased muscle mass/strength
- Vaginal dryness
- Cardiovascular disease
Genova does not offer hormone testing for pediatric populations (under 18 years old).
About the One Day Hormone Check
The One Day Hormone Check results are organized into three main areas:
- Sex Hormones
- Estrone (E1), Estradiol (E2), Estriol (E3)
- P/E2 Ratio
- Comprehensive Melatonin Profile
- Melatonin x 3 specimens to assess diurnal rhythm
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile
- Cortisol x 4 specimens to assess diurnal rhythm
- DHEA:Cortisol Ratio
- Optional Add-on Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR)
- Two awakening samples to evaluate CAR
- CAR is a transient, immediate rise in cortisol upon awakening and is distinct from the diurnal rhythm. CAR reflects a person’s ability to cope with anticipated challenges and their perception of control around chronic stress, providing insight into HPA axis resiliency.[14,15]
To enhance clinical utility, a therapeutic cohort results cover page is provided for the clinician to quickly see where patient results fall in comparison to a cohort of peri/menopausal women treated with bioidentical hormone therapy.
*Lab tests that are purchased and then cancelled are subject to a 5% fee plus a $35 charge that will be deducted from your refund